Monday, June 27, 2011

Friday, June 17th, 2011

      Today was the day we decided to check up on the birdhouses. We found many different kinds of nests from the wren, to the tree swallow, to the bluebird, and even some mouse nests that needed to be removed. The other main focus of the day was weeding. We weeded and thinned the cucumbers, the popcorn, the broom corn, the squash and the gourds. Then while Mrs. Martin, Carley and Julia planted calendula, I was put in charge of spraying the potatoes. The solution we used was "designed for organic use" and seemed to do the job. I used a hand-pump sprayer to get the job done.  The potatoes are safe for now! -Colin


Rows of potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment